21.--- What’s the central idea of the passage, Bob?
--- Sorry, I can’t make _____ of it. It’s beyond my ability.
A. judgment B. understanding C. idea D. sense
22. It was such a ____ job that I really felt ____. w.w.w.k.s.5.u.c.o.m
A. tiring; tiring B. tired; tiredC. tiring; tired D. tired; tiring
23. We teachers all suggest every student _____ English everyday.
A. reads B. to read C. read D. reading
24. _____, he won the first prize.
A. To his much delight B. Much to his delight
C. To his much delightful D. Much to his delightful
25. ---How about going to the newly- opened swimming pool now?
--- But it’s _____ only on Sundays.
A. suitable B. valuable C. available D. convenient
26. The young man acted strangely during the interview. He made a bad impression _____ the employer.
A. to B. on C. with D. in
27. He began to take political science ______ only when he left school.
A. seriously B. truly C. carefully D. strictly
28. --- We’re all afraid we can’t finish the work this week..
--- _______. w.w.w.k.s.5.u.c.o.m
A. Not at all B. Don’t be afraidC. That’s not right D. Take your time
29. _____ confidence, she wasn’t awarded Beauty Queen in the beauty contest.
A. Lacking B. Lacking for C. Lack D. Lacked
30. I appreciate ___ in the spring when all plants turn green.
A. one B. that C. this D. it
31. --- I’d like to talk with you about the new car, Eric.
--- ______. Talk with me about what?
A. I apologize B. Pardon C. No way D. Good idea
32. In the school, we were warned not to get close to the hall _____ windows were to be repaired.
A. which B. of which C. whose D. that
33. _____ for his action on the playground, but he is also famous for the things that he does off the playground.
A. Not he is only known B. Not only is he known
C. Only is he known D. He is only not known
34. --- Where did you meet him for the first time?
--- It was in WL International Middle school _____ we studied together.
A. that B. whichC. whereD. what
35. --- I hear that Bao Yu can’t afford his schooling this fall.
--- _____, let’s do something for him.
A. If so B. Where possible C. When necessary D. What a shame