1. — How do you usually start a (谈话) with his friends?
— We usually talk about the weather.
2. — Who will see me (在某时) this afternoon?
— Your boss, Mr Wang.
3. — There is a (瞎的) boy crossing the street.
— Let’s go and help him.
4. She didn’t watch TV (直到) her mother came back.
5. If you talk with British people, please (避免) something like age, weight or money.
6. — Our teacher always tells us not to drop (垃圾) in the park.
— It’s our duty to protect the environment.
7. — My son, you must be (认真的) about your future.
— I know, dad.
8. He says his country wants to (发展) its friendship with China.
9. Here are some of the findings of a (调查) on hopes and dreams.
10. — How do British people greet relatives or close friends?
— They greet them with a (亲吻).
11. The country is (丰富的) in oil. Many other countries buy oil from it.
12. He always (对待) everything with a smile on his face.
13. Hard work often (产生) good results.
14. — The doctor told him that this kind of (药) may work on him.
— Really? Good news!
15. — Could you give me some (建议) on how to learn English well?
— OK, I’d love to.
16. — What is the (符合习俗的) way to greet people there?
— People usually shake hands when they meet for the first time.
17. I am often the (话题) of my parents’ talk.
18. — Don’t (指望) on me to come and visit you there.
— I am sad to hear that.
19. We all know “A friend in need is a friend (真正地).”
20. — Mum, I’ll ask some (客人) to come to my birthday party.
— OK. I will be ready for it.
21. — Modern cameras are very (简单的) to use.
— Yes. I can take beautiful photos easily.
22. — I have a pair of shoes (类似于) to yours.
— That’s nice. We can wear on the same day.
23. They told me everything about the child’s family (背景).
24. — Where is the new library, Ben?
— It is in the (西南) of our school.
25. — Today is sunny. Let’s go to (采摘) apples on the farm.
— Good idea.
1. — Do you have any c friends?
— Yes, I have some.
2. He manages over 100 big companies. He is considered to be one of the most s businessmen in China.
3. Even though Tom has made a big mistake, we should give him a c .
4. — My mother w me not to go out alone at night when I was young.
— I think she was right.
5. — There is a sign saying “No p ” over there.
— Oh, I didn’t notice it. I’ll drive away at once.
6. My parents wouldn’t a me to go to the party. They would worry about me.
7. Doing lots of listening p is one of the secrets of learning English well.
8. — It’s n to make the children learn how to look after themselves.
— Yes, I agree.
9. After several weeks’ t , she is good at nursing babies.
10. The ORBIS volunteers are p to help so many blind people in need.
11. The dress looks nice and fits me well, but it is too expensive. I can’t a it.
12. — Could you please speak l enough? I can’t follow you.
— Sure. Listen to me again.
13. — They’ll have a d on how to organize the show.
— Do you know what the exact (确切的) time is?
14. The Internet is so c connected with our daily life. Can you imagine a life without it?
15. — I am a r of your newspaper. I read every article written by you.
— Thank you very much.
1. You should wait (polite), and shouldn’t jump the queue.
2. — I think it’s (meaning) to support the charities.
— I agree with you.
3. — “When in Rome, do as the Romans do” is a (say), right?
— Yes, it is.
4. If you can’t finish the homework, you will be (punish).
5. I am given some money because I get full marks in the exam. But I will spend it (wise).
6. We should learn the (different) between British English and American English.
7. — You have (cause) trouble to all of us.
— Sorry. I won’t do it again.
8. — Which sports do you like?
— Ball games, (especial) football and basketball.
9. All the people on the plane were lost, (include) the pilot (飞行员).
10. The doctors must have an (operate) on him, or he will lose his life.
( ) 1. — What charity works to provide children with food and education?
— , right?
A. B. C. D.
( ) 2. I am greatly interested in this painting. It the painter’s love for nature.
A. expresses B. discusses C. expects D. imagines
( ) 3. — Is the child ?
— Yes, she can’t hear anything at all.
A. weak B. blind C. deaf D. thirsty
( ) 4. — How is the life in Wenchuan earthquake areas now?
— People are living a much better life than we .
A. expected B. supported C. discovered D. noticed
( ) 5. — How the medicine tastes!
— Yes. But the medicine will work soon after you take it.
A. terrible B. delicious C. sweet D. nice
( ) 6. — I will meet Jane at the station. Please what time she will arrive.
— Just a minute, please.
A. count B. choose C. check D. catch
( ) 7. ― What can you see in the fridge?
― I can’t see anything in it because it is .
A. heavy B. thin C. full D. empty
( ) 8. — Go and help the and woman cross the street, will you?
— With pleasure.
A. elderly; blind B. disabled; the elder
C. blind; the deaf D. disabled; an old
Ⅰ. 1. conversation 2. sometime 3. blind 4. until/ till 5. avoid 6. litter 7. serious 8. develop 9. survey
10. kiss 11. rich 12. treats 13. produces 14. medicine 15. advice 16. proper 17. subject 18. depend
19. indeed 20. guests 21. simple 22. similar 23. background 24. south-west 25. pick
Ⅱ. 1. close 2. successful 3. chance 4. warned 5. parking 6. allow 7. practice 8. necessary 9. training
10. proud 11. afford 12. loudly 13. discussion 14. closely 15. reader
Ⅲ. 1. politely 2. meaningful 3. saying 4. punished 5. wisely 6. differences 7. caused 8. especially
9. including 10. operation