A. Listen and choose the right picture according to what you hear .
1. 2. 3. 4. 5.
B. Choose the right answer , which is closest in meaning to the sentence you hear .
6. A. The man had lots of friends .
B. The man has a few friends .
C. The man hasn’t many friends .
7. A. John and Tom were talking .
B. John was walking with Tom and they said nothing .
C. John and Tom were working
8. A. The traffic accident took place in Qingdao .
B. The traffic accident took place in Beidaihe .
C. The traffic accident didn’t happen in Beidaihe .
9. A. His mother likes coffee better than tea .
B. His mother doesn’t like coffee or tea .
C. His mother likes coffee but not tea .
10. A. Drawing is more difficult than singing .
B. Neither of them is difficult .
C. Drawing and singing are both difficult .
11. A. I couldn’t ride a bicycle .
B. I taught myself how to ride a bicycle .
C. I learned to ride a bicycle very quickly .
12. A. He hasn’t enough money to pay for that car .
B. He needs little money for that car .
C. He is able to pay for that car .
C. Choose one that can answer the question you hear .
13. A. No , you mustn’t B. Of course not . C. Nothing serious .
14. A. There is no hurry . B. I’m glad to hear that . C. Thanks .
15. A. Who cares it ! B. It’s hard to say . C. I think so .
16. A. How can I help you ? B. It may be in your bag . C. Don’t ask me .
D. Listen to the dialogues and choose the right answer .
17. A. Drink some water .
B. Have a rest .
C. Take some medicine .
18. A. He is the writer of Business @ the Speed of Thought .
B. He is a doctor .
C. He is an artist .
19. A. Because it’s too noisy .
B. Because it’s very cheap .
C. Because it’s too dear .
20. A. A book with many pictures of America .
B. A lot of beautiful pictures .
C. A letter with many pictures of America .
II. Choose the best answer .(20分)
21. She saw English film last Sunday . But she cannot remember name of
A. an ; a ; a B. a ; the ; a C. an ; the ; a D. an ; the ; the
22. The man on watch didn’t see the iceberg until it was too late .
A. at the front B. in the front C. at front D. in front
23. The room cool in summer and warm in winter .
A. feels B. is felt C. feels to be D. is felt to be
24. It is polite Miss Yang to carry these books .
A. of you helping B. for you to help C. of you to help D. for you helping
25. Mary asked her mother .
A. what to do it B. how to do C. where to live D. where to live in
26. The soldiers are always ready the old people if they any trouble .
A. help ; have B. to help ; have C. helped ; will have D. helping ; has
27. The weather yesterday was today .
A. not so cold as is B. not so colder as it is
C. not so cold as it was D. not so cold as it is
28. He said that he saw Mr. Brown into the building and go .
A. going ; to upstairs B. go ; upstairs C. went ; to upstairs D. goes ; upstairs
29. Take a plane , you’ll be able to get to Shanghai this afternoon .
A. and B. or C. because D. so
30. the boy is to learn to talk !
A. How slow B. How slowly C. What a slow D. What a slowly
31. They improved the software it easier for people computers .
A. make , use B. to make , using C. to make , to use D. to make , use
32. Li Lei ran me quickly , he first the gate .
A. passed , passed B. past , past C. passed , past D. past , passed
33. Jones won the gold medal in the race in the 27th Olympic Games .
A. women’s 100-metres B. women’s 100-metre
C. women’s 100 metres D. women 100 metre
34. Please the other exercises after you finish the exercise .
A. go on to do B. go on doing C. go on with D. go on
35. We were reading in the reading-room suddenly the lights went out .
A. while B. when C. as soon as D. if
36. — Lucy’s phone number is 5-6-3-2-6-4 , please .
— on a piece of paper .
A. Write down them B. Write them down C. Write it down D. Write down it
37. Tom Peter may go with you because one of them must stay at home .
A. Not only ; but also B. Neither ; nor C. Both ; and D. Either ; or
38. He took off his shoes and them on the floor .
A. brought B. took C. fell D. dropped
39. students from the universities went to the west of China after they graduated(毕业).
A. Thousand of B. Thousands of C. About ten hundreds D. Hundred of
40. he read the book , he got in it .
A. The more ; the more interesting
B. The less ; the more interesting
C. The more ; the more interested
D. More ; more interested
III. Cloze text .(10分)
Martin Henfield talks about some of his experiences(经历)as a twin : When we were small my mother dressed us 41 the same clothes . That was bad enough and we didn’t like it . But when we went on our first camping(野营)trip with the scouts(童子军), it was even 42 . We were only ten years old , and while 43 went into their sleeping bags for the night , we were not happy to snuggle(紧偎)inside a double sleeping bag my mother made for us .
At school our classmates 44 us Henfield One and Henfield Two , so people couldn’t even see our difference according to(根据)our initials(姓名的开头字母)because 45 of us were M. O. It was only when I went to college and began to have my own friends that I started to feel my own freedom of identity(身份).
Before I went to college , during my last secondary school 46 , I got a job on a building site(地点). My twin brother , Mike Henfield , didn’t work . He was resting . One day I said to the foreman(工头), “ Can I have a week off ? ” “ Certainly , ” he said , “ but you won’t have the job when you 47 back . ” I didn’t want to 48 the job . So on Monday morning , Mike went down in my jeans , jacket and hat and he worked 49 me for one week . None of them knew the difference .
Now I am growing old and I feel very different 50 my twin brother . And he’ll tell you the same . We have really worked towards that for forty years .
41. A. in B. for C. on D. with
42. A. bad B. worse C. good D. best
43. A. all boys B. another boy C. all the other boys D. all the boys
44. A. called B. asked C. told D. knew
45. A. every B. each C. both D. all
46. A. holidays B. holiday C. week D. weekend
47. A. get B. will get C. got D. are getting
48. A. loose B. lost C. missing D. lose
49. A. instead B. to C. instead of D. of
50. A. in B. from C. with D. as
Learn about the emperor penguin’s life
It’s already cold in Antarctica(南极洲)by March . Remember , seasons in the southern half of the world are opposite to those in the north . Nearly all animals leave there in the winter but not the emperors .(皇帝)
In April , emperor penguins start to travel thousands of miles inland to give birth to their baby .
The mother lays her egg during the Antarctic winter months of May and June . Hatching(孵卵)should be the mother’s work , right ? But no ! Penguin mums leave their eggs on the father’s feet and go far away to get food from the sea . It’s the father’s job to hatch the egg . It takes around 65 days !
After about two months , the mother returns with food for the hatched baby . Now it’s the father’s turn to pig out !
By December , the weather becomes warmer and the food gets richer . Baby penguins have now grown old enough to fish for their own food in the sea !
51. How many months does the winter in Antarctica last ?
A. 2 months . B. 3 months . C. 4 months . D. 5 months .
52. Why do emperor penguins travel thousands of miles in land in April ?
A. Because they want to have fun .
B. Because they want to get food for winter .
C. Because they give birth to their babies there .
D. Because they want to go to the north .
53. What’s the mother penguin’s job ?
A. To lay eggs .
B. To hatch eggs .
C. To go far away to get food from the sea .
D. Both A and C
54. How long does it take to hatch the eggs ?
A. 30 days . B. 50 days . C. 65 days . D. 100 days .
55. The passage mainly tells us .
A. how emperor penguins live through year
B. what emperor penguins look like and what they like to do
C. when and where people can find emperor penguins
D. how emperor penguins live in winter
Why are hot dogs so popular in US ?
Put a sausage(香肠)in a bun(面包)and what have you got ? A hot dog of course !
Americans eat a lot of hot dogs . Around sever billion hot dogs will be eaten in July alone this year . People living in the city of Los Angeles eat more hot dogs than people in any other US city .
Some people like hot dogs better than hamburgers because they’re easier to eat . This is because the bun is thin and long and the sausage cannot fall out easily . Americans like to eat hot dogs at baseball matches and other sporting events(体育赛事). But they also buy them in the street and eat them as they walk along !
Most Americans like mustard(芥末)on their hot dogs . America’s President(总统), George W. Bush’s favourite topping(蛋糕上的奶油等)is mustard with relish(调味品). Kids like ketchup(番茄酱)much better ! Lemonade and iced tea are the best drinks to have with hot dogs .
But why are they called this ? Many people say “ hot dog ” was first used in 1901 . A cartoonist(漫画家)called Tad Dorgan was at a baseball game in New York . He heard food sellers shouting “ Get your sausages while they’re red hot ” , Dorgan then drew a cartoon using the word “ hot dog ” . Lots of Americans saw the cartoon and started using the name !
56. Where can you find Americans eating hot dogs ?
A. At a concert . B. At baseball matches .
C. In the street . D. Both B and C
57. Which of the following is the city where people eat the most hot dogs in the US ?
A. New York . B. Boston . C. Los Angeles . D. Chicago
58. What do people like to drink with hot dogs ?
A. cola and soda . B. Milk and coffee .
C. Tea and water . D. Lemonade and iced tea .
59. The word “ hot dog ” was first used .
A. to remember a cartoonist
B. as the nickname of a baseball player
C. to sell a kind of red hot sausage
D. in a cartoon
60. The passage mainly tells us .
A. how delicious hot dogs are and how to make them
B. why Americans like hot dogs better than hamburgers
C. how popular hot dogs are and how the name came into being
D. when and where Americans eat this kind of fast food
It is raining money !
Imagine this . A big bag full of money falls from the sky and lands right next to you . What would you do with the money ?
This is the question faced by British seven-year-old Damian in the film “ Millions .”
Damian and his brother moved to a new place with their dad , after their mother passed away . Damian tries to make new friends , but he feels lonely .
When Damian is watching some trains one day , a bag full of money falls out of the sky and lands at Damian’s feet . The bag has 265,000 pounds in it !
He can’t wait to tell his brother , nine-year-old Anthony . But Anthony doesn’t want to tell their dad .
Soon the money brings trouble . They have different ideas about what to do with it . Damian is kind-hearted . He wants to give money away to the poor . But Anthony wants to use it all to make more money ! As a kid , he also wants to buy a lot of fun toys !
But they have only one week to spend the money before Britain starts using euros(欧元)!
They also find out where the money came from ! The terrible owner wants it back !
At the same time , their father works hard to give them a bigger house .
What will they do with the money ? Watch the film to find out . Together with the two kids , you’ll learn that true wealth(财富)has nothing to do with money !
61. Who found the bag full of money which falls from the sky ?
A. Two real British boys . B. Two boys in a film .
C. The father of two boys . D. A boy in a film .
62. What does Damian sometimes do when he feels lonely ?
A. Stays at home and watches TV. B. Plays with a lot of friends .
C. Goes out and watches trains . D. We don’t know .
63. What does Damian’s brother want to do with the money ?
A. Give the money to the poor . B. Make more money with all of it .
C. Buy a lot of toys . D. Both B and C .
64. How much time do they have to spend the money ?
A. A long time . B. Only one week .
C. Before the owner find them . D. Before their father knows .
65. We can tell from the story that .
A. money is important
B. we should tell everything to our father
C. money won’t bring true wealth
D. we should go and watch trains to get money
V. Complete the dialogue with complete sentences .(5分)
A：What were you doing at eight last night ?
A：Were you seeing Titanic ?
B：Yes , I was .
B：I was seeing it with my parents .
B：The story is so sad . Titanic sank into the sea at last .
B：Because it hit an iceberg .
A：Why didn’t the ship try to avoid(避开)the iceberg ?
B：They tried to , but it was too late .
B：I think Miss Evans is the greatest person in this story . She lost her life for the children .
VI. Fill in the blanks with the proper form of the given words .(5分)
71. They both lost themselves in (listen)to the music .
72. Is it (wet)today than it was yesterday ?
73. The women over there were talking (noise).
74. Excuse me , can I have a talk with one of the (win)of the match .
75. His sister isn’t (marry)and has no children .
76. She said it was (terrible)cold on the night of November the 1st .
77. Mabel is always (worry)about her Chinese .
78. They can’t find their way to the station , they need (look)at a map .
79. We (stay)here until it stops raining .
80. The ship Californian arrived so late that it couldn’t save so many people’s (life).
The Shutes lived in America . Mrs. Shute w 81 a housewife . She had a c 82 monkey for many y 83 . The monkey could wash dishes . He washed the dishes f 84 the woman every day . He liked to wash dishes . He spent hour after hour w 85 dishes . None of them was b 86 but sometimes he washed the dishes over and over . I 87 Mrs. Shute tried to stop him , he then got a 88 . He began to throw dishes in a 89 directions(方向). But this didn’t h 90 very often .
VIII. Answer the questions according to the given pictures(10 分)
91. What was the weather like ?
92. Where did the two girls go ?
93. What did they see when they walked across the bridge ?
94. The boy wasn’t in danger , was he ?
95. What did they do then ?
IX. Translation :(10分)
1. A 2. D 3. E 4. B 5. C
6. C 7. B 8. B 9. B 10. C 11. B 12. A
13. B 14. A 15. B 16. C
17. C 18. A 19. A 20. A
21. D 22. D 23. A 24. C 25. C 26. B 27. D 28. B 29. A 30. A
31. C 32. D 33. B 34. A 35. B 36. C 37. D 38. D 39. B 40. C
41. A 42. B 43. C 44. A 45. C 46. B 47. A 48. D 49. C 50. B
51. C 52. C 53. D 54. C 55. D
56. D 57. C 58. D 59. D 60. C
61. D 62. C 63. D 64. B 65. C
66. I was seeing a film .
67. Who were you seeing it with ?
68. How do you like the story ?
69. Why did it sink into the sea ?
70. Who do you think is the greatest person in this story ?
71. listening 72. wetter 73. noisily
74. winners 75. married 76. terribly
77. worrying 78. to look 79. will stay 80. lives
81. was 82. clever 83. years
84. for 85. washing 86. broken
87. If 88. angry 89. all 90. happen
91. It was sunny / fine .
92. They went to the park .
93. They saw a boy calling for help in the water . / They saw a boy fall into the river .
94. Yes , he was .
95. They pulled him out of the water and helped him put on a dry coat .
96. My little brother is too young to look after himself . / My little brother is so young that he can’t look after himself .
97. You don’t like football . I don’t like it either .
98. How can you get on well with your neighbour ?
99. He finds / found it difficult to fall asleep .
100. Please make room for me .