《Unit5 Good manners练习题2》，希望对大家有所帮助。
1. Dropping ____________(垃圾)everywhere is not good for our environment.
2. Never leave the tap ____________(流动)after you wash your hands.
3. Whose _____________(顺序) is it to cook tonight, your brother or your sister?
4. We are going to the farm to ____________ (摘)apples.
5. He stood up ___________(礼貌地) when the lady came into the room.
6. Mr. Smith _________(问候) all the guests warmly as they arrived.
7. It didn’t move, so she ____________(推) harder.
8. Barry never lets anyone _________(触摸、碰) her piano.
9. We tried to ___________(避免) the car accident but we failed.
10. Did you have any ____________(亲密的) friends at school?
11. Mr. Wu spent a lot of time ___________(解释)the maths problem to us.
12. Can you keep your voice down in __________(公共的) places?
13. The police _________(警告) the man of danger jogging alone before he went into the mountain.
14. ___________(停车) is always very expensive in the city centre.
15. –Safety comes first. Remember to ________ yourself away from danger. --We will, father.
16. My mother was greeting ____________(宾客) at the gate when I got home.
17. What’s your __________(目的)for holding this party?
18. Some people think it is ______________(不礼貌的) to ask someone’s age.
19. The article is good in __________(内容), but there are too many mistakes.
20. We haven’t reached the final ___________(总结) on this matter so far.
1. Amy is too young ________(join) us in visiting the USA.
2. We should speak to everyone around us ________(polite).
3. It’s a long way, so it’s best for us to take turns _______(drive).
4. I’m sorry that you didn’t finish the task ____________(success).
5. The day before yesterday, we had a __________(discuss) about our subject.
6. Her clothes are often bright in _________ (colourful).
7. I f you keep practicing ____________(speak) English every day, you will good at it.
8. Don’t talk with others while __________(eat).
9. He is tall enough _______(reach) the box on the shelf.
10.You should warn your group members ___________(not do ) it.
1. –Do you want to keep goldfish?
--No, it is _________difficult ________take care of them.
A. so; that B. not; enough to C. too; to D. such; that
2. He ran and ran, but he couldn’t run ________to catch the bus.
A. so fast B. enough fast C. too fast D. fast enough
3. The Chinese girl can speak good English _________. Her English is ________that of Lucy.
A. as well; as well B. as well; as good as C. too; as good D. as well as; as well as
4. I find it _________ to work out this problem. You needn’t go to the teacher.
A. enough easy B. easily enough C. easy enough D. very easily
5. The old man was _________angry __________a word.
A. enough; to say B. so; saying C. very; to say D. too; to say
6. He is __________school.
A. old enough going to B. enough old to go to C. old enough to go to D. enough old going to
7. Ten years later, the lost girl saw her mother ___________ after she was taken away by others.
A. for the first time B. at first C. first D. the first time
8. –Would you like to go shopping with me ? --I’m afraid I’m ________tired _________go.
A. so; that B. too; to C. very; that D. enough; to
9. I couldn’t walk very fast because a lot of people were ____________.
A. in my way B. in this way C. in some way D. on my way
10. --Mum’s birthday is coming. What would you buy for her?
--I’m not sure. Anyway, I will find___________.
A. enough good something B. something good enough
C. something enough good D. good something enough
11. I like maths and she likes maths __________.
A. either B. as well as C. as well D. so well
12.(2013孝感)my host family tried to cook_______for me when I studied in New York.
A. different somrthing B. different anything
C.something different D.anything different
13.(2013杭州)She is not strong enough______walking up montains
A. to go B. going C. go D. went
14.(2013玉林)----Sally, I went to the concert last night.How big the symphony hall is.
----So it is. It is _____to hold more than 1000people.
A. big enough B. enough big C. too big D. too small
15.(2013滨州)–Would you like_______ camping with me?
--I’d like to. but I am busy ____my homework.
A. to go; to do B. to go; doing C. going; to do D. going; doing
16.(2013扬州.Jim, ______read books while you are walking in the street. It is dangerous
A. don’t B. doesn’t C. won’t D. can’t
17. –Excuse me, would you please speak a little more____?
--Sorry, I thought you were my buddy.
A. sadly B. quickly C. slowly D. politely
18.At present my family has enough rooms_____
A. to live B. living in C to live in D. living
19. Playing computer games____ much time, I think.
A. spends B. takes C. uses D. pays
20. It is necessary______ you____ drink water everyday.
A. for; for B .to; for C for; to D. to; to
1.Many people don’t have enough money to go to hospital.(同义句)
Many people are to go to hospital.
2. He is too young to look after himself well.(同义句)
He is young he can’t look after himself well.
3. What do you think of The Hunchback of Notre Dame?(同义句转换)
do you The Hunchback of Notre Dame?
4. to I on all money pocket spend snacks my used(连词成句)
5. They organized the charity show to raise more money. (同义句)
They organized the charity show ___________ _________ they could raise more money.
When someone is_______________. It is not____________________________.
We should ____________________________when others speak.
We had better____________ like_______，_____or_____
4、入乡随俗。 When in Rome,__________________________
5、到其他人面前插队是侮辱的。It is rude_____________________________.
6. 我们足够大可以照看自己. We are all ______________________________________.
Amy is _____________________________________________after class.
____________________________is to teach us how to learn English well.
It’s impolite _________________________________________________ .
We should___________________________________________________ .
Manners in different countries
You have to shake hands when you're coming or going in Germany, ___1____ in Britain you usually only shake hands when you meet someone _____2___ the first time.
You have to give your present in public in the Middle East _____3____ it's not a bribe贿赂, but it's a good manner to give your present in private in Asia.
You ______4____ give cutlery刀具in Latin America(拉丁美洲) because it suggests(表明) that you want to cut off the relationship. You mustn't give food or drink in Saudi Arabia(沙特) because it suggests you think your hosts aren't offering you enough_____5_____ and drink. You mustn't give a clock in China because the Chinese word for clock is similar to the word for funeral. “Come any time” _____6____ “I want you to visit me” in India. If you don't suggest a time and arrange安排 a visit at once, an Indian will think you are____7_____ the invitation, they will feel sad or angry. But if an English person says “come any time”, they will think you are bad mannered(矫揉造作的)if you start_______8_____ a date.
Offices are usually_____9______ on Fridays in Moslem countries, they have to go to mosque(清真寺). Americans usually mean “Yes” when they nod their ____10_____. An English person probably just means “I understand”, and an Asian is just showing interest. It's a bad manner to discuss business at a social occasion in India.
In an English pub(酒馆), you have to take your turn to buy a “round” drink for everyone in your group.
A B C D
1 and or but so
2 because since with for
3 to show showing show showed
4 can’t may not mustn't needn’t
5 eat to eat ate eating
6 means mean meaning meant
7 repairing receiving refusing reviewing
8 fixing fix fixed fixes
9 close open closed opened
10 mouth eyes neck heads
七.任务型阅读 ( 根据短文完成所缺信息，每空限填一词。本大题共10分)
How can you help yourself learn a new language, such as English? There are several ways to make learning English easier and more interesting.
The first step(步骤) is to feel confident about learning English. If you believe that you can learn well, you will learn well. Be patient. You don’t have to understand everything all at once. It is natural to make mistakes when you learn something new. We can learn from our mistakes.
The second step is to practice your English. For example, keep a diary or make notes every day. You will be used to writing in English, and you will feel comfortable expressing(表达) your ideas in English. After several weeks, you will see that your writing is better. In addition(另外), you must speak English every day. You can practice with your classmates outside class.
The third step is to keep a record of your language learning. You can write this in your diary. After each class, think about what you did. Did you answer a question correctly? Did you understand som ething the teacher talked about? Perhaps the lesson was difficult, but you tried to understand it. Write these achievements(成就) in your diary.
You must have confidence about learning English and believe that you can do it. It’s important to practice every day and make a record of your achievements. You will enjoy learning English, and you will have more confidence in yourself.
How to be a successful English 1
Step 1 Feel confident about English 2 in yourself and you will make it.
Don’t be 3 of making mistakes.
Step 2 4 your English Form(形成) a good 5 of keeping a diary or making notes.
Speak English as much as 6 .
Step 3 7 your language Think about 8 you did in the English class.
Write your achievements in your 9 .
Conclusion: confidence, belief and practice are all 10 in English learning.