《Unit 6 Sunshine for all测试题》，希望对大家有所帮助。
1. Where are the speakers talking?
A. In a park. B. In a library. C. In a bookstore.
2. Why doesn’t Jane buy the shoes?
A. Because they’re too small.
B. Because they’re too big.
C. Because they’re too expensive.
3. Where is Mr Chen now?
A. He’s in Beijing. B. He’s in Nanjing. C. He’s in Tianjin.
4. What does Mike think of the book?
A. It’s interesting. B. It’s useful. C. It’s boring.
5. Where’s Lucy’s new bike?
A. It’s in front of her house. B. It’s under the tree. C. It’s at the school gate.
6. What does the man want to buy?
A. A basketball. B. A football. C. A volleyball.
7. What’s Jack’s father?
A. He is a doctor. B. He is a teacher. C. He is a policeman.
8. Which is Lucy’s favourite season?
A. Spring. B. Summer. C. Autumn.
9. What is Tom doing?
A. He is drawing a bag. B. He is drawing a flower. C. He is drawing a fish.
10. What sport does Peter like best?
A. Playing tennis. B. Playing table tennis. C. Playing football.
11. My family lived in before I was 12 years old.
A. the city B. town
C. the mountains
12. I spent walking to school every morning.
A. half an hour B. one hour
C. one and a half hours
13. I could meet on the way to school.
A. my friends B. my parents
14. There were about students in my class.
A. 12 B. 20 C. 40
15. I could see there.
A. the sea B. many high buildings C. many kinds of flowers
16. What is the story about?
A. It’s about an English boy. B. It’s about an American boy.
C. It’s about a Chinese boy.
17. When did it happen?
A. It happened in the year 1909. B. It happened in the year 1900.
C. It happened in the year 1919.
18. Who died when Tom was a young child?
A. His brother died. B. His father died.
C. His mother died.
19. How was Tom’s mother then?
A. She was often ill. B. She was hungry.
C. She was strong.
20. When did Tom become very famous?
A. Thirteen years later. B. Thirty years later.
C. At the age of thirty.
21. You should keep record of your expense.
A. a B. an C. the D. that
22. —Has she had for the job?
—Yes, she has taught English for more than 10 years.
A. enough experience B. enough experiences
C. many experiences D. much experiences
23. In our country the old taken good care of.
A. be B. is C. are D. being
24. Her mother is well because she often .
A. smokes B. exercises C. sleeps D. sings
25. is necessary that you start training a few months before the walk.
A. This B. That C. What D. It
26. Mary lost her bag school.
A. on her way to B. on her way
C. in her way to D. in her way
27. This road is about .
A. twenty metres tall B. twenty metres thick
C. twenty metres long D. twenty metres wide
28. He is in basketball, but I am in football.
A. interested; interesting B. interested; interested
C. interesting; interested D. interesting; interesting
29. The boy is often made pictures for hours by his mother.
A. to draw B. to drawing C. draw D. drew
30. —How many English songs have you learned this term?
A. At all B. At once C. At times D. At least
Have you ever planted a few trees on Tree-planting Day? Every year, millions of people, both young and old, 31 a lot of trees. But this may not be the best way to make our home a 32 place.
Las t week we visited a park in Hebei province. We were 33 to find most of the trees had been burned. The workers told us that the trees 34 soon after they were planted because they weren’t watered well enough. 35 the workers burned them and cleaned the place for
36 trees to be planted this year. 37 a card found in one of the dead trees, a student wrote, “I hope this tree will grow up with me to 38 the backbone (栋梁) of our country.” The workers said that the survival of the trees was really more important than 39 trees were planted.
Some people in Beijing now have a new idea that they can donate some money and let professionals (专业人士) plant and 40 the trees.
31. A. water B. plant C. look for D. burn
32. A. smaller B. warmer C. greener D. larger
33. A. pleased B. happy C. interesting D. surprised
34. A. died B. grew C. bought D. planted
35. A. Though B. When C. Because D. So
36. A. few B. old C. new D. dead
37. A. Over B. From C. On D. Above
38. A. need B. hold C. plant D. be
39. A. how many B. when C. how soon D. why
40. A. take out B. take down C. take away D. take care of
In 1638, John Harvard donated some money and about four hundred books to a new university. This was the beginning of the library at Harvard University. The gift was so important that the university was named for John Harvard.
Thomas Bray began the first free lending library in the late 1600s. He set up more than 30 libraries in the American colonies. However, the idea for this kind of free library ended when Bray died in 1730. In 1731, Benjamin Franklin and some friends started the first subscription library in the United States. In a subscription library people pay money to become members, but they may borrow the books without paying again.
In the United States, every child had a free education. This idea soon led to free libraries. One of the first libraries that used tax money to buy books was a library in Peterborough, New Hampshire. This library was set up in 1833.
41. The main idea of the second paragraph is________.
A. Franklin started the first subscription library
B. in a subscription library people pay money to become members
C. Bray and Franklin were important in the history of public libraries
D. Bray died in 1730 and Franklin died in 1833
42. The underlined word “borrow” means_______.
A. read and write with no help from another person
B. use for a short time and then return
C. like very much
43. The passage does not say it, but we can guess that_______.
A. there were free schools in the United States before there were free libraries
B. free schools and free libraries in the United States began at about the same time
C. the library in New Hampshire also had a free school in it
D. there were free libraries in the United States before there were free schools
44. Harvard University began_______.
A. in 1731 B. in 1730
C. in 1833 D. in 1638
45. At the library that Franklin started, ________.
A. people could use books for no money at all
B. people paid a little money in the beginning but none after that
C. people paid a lot of money in the beginning but none after that
D. both A and B
Gladys Holm was a secretary (秘书). She worked in an office all her life. Gladys made about $15,000 a year. She died when she was 86 years old. And she left a big surprise—$18 million! She gave the money to a children’s hospital.
Gladys Holm never got married or had any children. But she always liked children, and she wanted to help them. When her friend’s daughter was ill in hospital, Gladys brought her a toy bear. After that, she visited the hospital many times. Every time she visited, she brought toy bears for those ch ildren. After that, people started to call Gladys the “Toy Bear Lady”.
Gladys always gave toys and other presents to her friends but no one knew she had a lot of money. She lived in a small house outside Chicago. Everyone was very surprised when they learned that she was a millionaire. One of her friends said, “She always gave us nice presents and things, but we didn’t know she was rich.”
How did Gladys get so much money? She asked her boss how to make more money, and she listened to what he said. She bought the stocks (股票) that he told her to buy, and she got very rich. Before she died, she talked to her friends about “giving something to the children’s hospital”. No one knew that the “something” was $18 million!
46. Gladys Holm often visited the hospital and gave children toy bears because______.
A. she had too much money
B. she had a lot of toy bears
C. she had never got married and had no children
D. she liked children very much
47. People started to call Gladys the “Toy Bear Lady”_______.
A. after she visited the children in hospital many times
B. after she died
C. before her friend’s daughter was ill
B. before she worked with his boss
48. Everyone was surprised that________.
A. Gladys lived such a long life
B. Gladys lived in a small house outside Chicago
C. Gladys had so much money
D. Gladys always gave her friends nice presents
49. ________, so she got rich.
A. Gladys made $15,000 a year as a secretary
B. Gladys did what the boss told her to do
C. Gladys got the money from the boss
D. Gladys did another job in the hospital
50. When Gladys Holm became a millionaire,________.
A. she spent most of the money on nice presents and things
B. she stopped working
C. she still lived in the same way
D. she could hardly wait to tell her friends and family
51. He is here in body, but not in s_________.
52. Shall I r________ what he says?
53. If you have a _________(机会) to go, take it.
54. He had an exciting_______(经历) in Japan last year.
55. She went to Beijing with the _______(目的) of learning from the teachers there.
56. We should try our best to help the _______(able) people.
57. Is the long walk in the country________(organize) by Oxfam Hong Kong?
58. Mr Black’s son has come to China for__________(far) study.
59. The old men do exercise every day to improve their_______(fit).
60. The government (政府) should do something to help those______(home) people.
61. I came here to return the money. (对画线部分提问)
_______ ______ you come here______?
62. Oxfam Trailwalker is a tough charity walk. (对画线部分提问)
______ _ ______ Oxfam Trailwalker?
63. The charity walk is held every month. (对画线部分提问)
________ _______ is the charity walk held?
64. I think it’s impossible for him to finish it in ten minutes. (改为反意疑问句)
I think it’s impossible for him to finish it in ten minutes,_______ _______?
65. It’s interesting to play with them. (改为感叹句)
_____ _______ it is to play with them!
The teacher usually________ ______ _______ teams of four student s.
Great changes _______ ______ _______ in our school since ten years ago.
We hope you won’t ________ ______ _______ this kind of work.
Let’s ______ ________ ________ clean the room.
I think that the ________ ________ is the________ ________.
Unit 6 Sunshine for all检测题听力原文及参考答案
1. W: May I borrow two books about science?
M: Sure. Here you are!
2. M: Why don’t you buy the pair of shoes you like, Jane?
W: They’re too expensive.
3. W: Hello! May I speak to Mr Chen?
M: Sorry! He has gone to Beijing, and he will come back in a week.
4. W: Do you like this book, Mike?
M: It’s too boring. I don’t like it.
5. W: Excuse me. What’s that under the tree?
M: It’s Lucy’s new bike.
6. W: Can I help you?
M: Yes, please. I’d like a football for my son.
7. W: Who’s the man in the picture, Jack?
M: Oh, he’s my father. He is a doctor in No.1 Hospital.
W: Really? My father is working there too.
8. M: Which season of the year do you like best, Lucy?
W: I like spring best. Everything begins to grow at that time.
9. W: What are you doing, Tom?
M: I’m drawing a flower. Our teacher asked us to do it.
10. W: What sport do you like best, Peter?
M: I like playing table tennis best.
Before I was twelve years old, my family lived in the mountains. Our house was far from my school. It took me one hour to walk to school every morning. It was a happy time for me, because I could meet my friends on the way, and we would go to school together. There were just six classes in my school, and only about twenty students in each class. We spend most of our time playing. The mountains were our playground. I still remember the different kinds of flowers, the songs of different birds, and the colours of trees in diff erent seasons—everything was so interesting and beautiful. Even now I still miss my life in the mountains.
It was a cold winter day in 1900 . A little boy was walking along the street in London. His name was Tom. He was very hungry. He wanted to buy some bread, but he had no money. What could he do? When he was very young, his father died. His mother was often ill and couldn’t take care of Tom and his younger brother Mike. Tom lived a hard life, but he wanted to be a great man in the world of films. So he worked hard to sing and dance well. Thirty years later, the boy became one of the famous people in the world.
1～5 BCACB 6～10 BAABB 11～15 CBABC 16～20 ABBAB
21. A 考查固定短语。keep a record是一个固定短语，意为“记录，记载”，故答案为A。
22. A 考查名词experience的用法。experience当“经验”讲时，是不可数名词;当“经历”讲时，是可数名词。由答语可知，问句询问的是工作经验，因此本题中的experience是不可数名词，故答案为A。
23.C 考查主谓一致。the old意为“年老的”，表示一类人。当一类人作主语时谓语动词要用复数形式，故答案为C。
25.D 考查it的用法。it可用作形式主语，构成固定句型“It is adj. that从句”，后面的that从句是真正的主语。故答案为D。
26. A 考查固定短语。on one’s way to意为“在某人去……的路上”，故答案为A。
27.D 考查表示计量的句型。此类句型结构为：主语 be 数词 量词 形容词(long, wide, thick, tall...)。本句的主语是this road，因此形容词用wide最合适，故答案为D。
28.B 考查-ed形容词和-ing形容词的辨析。interested意为“感兴趣的”，主语通常是人;interesting意为“令人感兴趣的”，主语通常是事物。本题的主语是人，因此用interested。be interested in是一个固定短语，意为“对……感兴趣”。故答案为B。
30.D 考查短语辨析。at all意为“根本”，at once意为“立刻，马上”，at times意为“有时”，at least意为“至少”。由空格后的数字10可知此处应该填at least，表示“这学期至少学了10首英文歌”，故答案为D。
31.B plant trees是固定搭配，意为“植树”，前文中的planted是提示。故答案为B。
33.D be surprised to表示“惊讶于……”，符合语境。
34.A 由后文中的the dead trees可知此处应填died。
36.C 前文中的cleaned the place是提示。工人们做好清理工作，是为了种植“新”的树，因此应该填new。
38.D to be the backbone of our country意为“成为国家栋梁”。
39.A how many表示数量的多少，与前文的the survival形成对比。此处指“树木的存活比植树数目的多少更重要”。
40.D take care of意为“照顾，照料”，符合语境。
43.A 由文章第一段的第二句“This was the beginning of the library at Harvard University.”可以判断出，哈佛大学是在成立之后才有的图书馆，因此A项正确，而其他三项都与文章内容不符。
44.D 由文章第一段的第一、二句“In 1638, John Harvard donated some money and about four hundred books to a new university. This was the beginning of the library at Harvard University.”可知，答案为D。
45.B 由文章第二段的最后一句“In a subscription library people pay money to become members, but they may borrow the books without paying again.”可知，A项错误。而C项与事实不符，故答案为B。
46.D 由文章第二段的第二句“But she always liked children, and she wanted to help them.”可知答案为D。
47.A 由文章第二段的后半部分“After that, she visited the hospital many times. Every time she visited, she brought toy bears for those children. After that, people started to call Gladys the ‘Toy Bear Lady’.”可知，答案为A。