1. A. Half past one.
B. One twenty-seven.
C. Three past two.
2. A. Because she isn’t interested in it at all.
B. Because she has been there many times.
C. Because she has no time at the moment.
3. A. 30 yuan. B. 20 yuan. C. 25 yuan.
4. A. She didn’t buy anything.
B. She bought some fruit only.
C. She bought some fruit, coffee and milk.
5. A. Twenty minutes.
B. Fifteen minutes.
C. Ten minutes.
1. What festival is this Sunday?
A. Father’s Day. B. Mother’s Day. C. Mother’s birthday.
2. Why aren’t Li Hong and Li Ping happy on Father’s Day?
A. Because they don’t like their father.
B. Because they like their mother.
C. Because their father died.
3. From this passage, we can know ___________.
A. Mrs Li is a teacher
B. Mrs Li is a student in a night school
C. Mrs Li doesn’t have a job
4. Li Ping thinks that the best present for his mother is ____________.
A. glasses B. shoes C. books
5. What do you think of Mrs Li as a mother?
A. She’s a good mother.
B. She’s a lazy mother.
C. She’s a bad mother.
My favourite computer game is called ___1___ Traveller. It is ____2____ educational computer game with three _____3_____. The main _____4_____ is called Suzan Ross. She is 14 years old.
The game is set in ____5_____ countries. The goal of the game is to ____6____ around the world to learn the history of _____7_____ place and use this ____8____ to open the treasure box.
The game was ____9_____ by Nancy Jackson in 2002. It was produced by Sunshine Educational CD-ROMs Co. This game is ____10_____ in China, the USA and Japan.
1. How I wish I ___________!
A. can play piano B. can play the piano
C. could play piano D. could play the piano
2. All of us have learned English ______ almost five years.
A. since B. from C. before D. for
3. I _______ have supper at 5:30 p.m. every day. But now I _______ having supper at 6:30 p.m.
A. was used to, used to
B. used to, was used to
C. used to, am used to
D. am used to, was used to
4. She is ill. She is ________ weak ________ walk.
A. so, that B. to, too
C. so, to D. too, to
5. The doctor operated ________ twenty patients every day.
A. on B. to C. at D. in
6. Rose didn’t go to the park yesterday ________ she was very busy.
A. so B. because of
C. because D. so that
7. All we need is enough time to ________ with our work.
A. put on B. carry on
C. turn on D. try on
8. The teacher told us that the earth _______ around the sun.
A. goes B. went C. going D. to go
9. We hope people will support our work by _________ donations to ORBIS.
A. to send B. sends C. sending D. sent
10. __________ useful information!
A. What a B. What C. How a D. How
11. He is a ______________ boy who likes swimming.
A. thirteen years old
12. The places you have visited _________ bright purple.
A. are marked in B. mark in
C. are marked for D. mark for
1. fall asleep(例)____b___ a. of any time
2. all-time _________ b. begin to sleep
3. earn _________ c. people who are ill, especially in hospitals
4. patients _________ d. people who like somebody or something very much
5. fans _________ e. the state of not being able to see
6. blindness _________ f. get
1. The new CD player ____1____ to Mr. Lin now.(belong)
2. How long ___2____ you ____2____ in this school since you came to this city?(work)
3. I think he has kept ____3____ here for five hours.(wait)
4. I _____4____ a book in my office yesterday.(leave)
5. Computers _____5_____ in many ways.(use)
6. It was my job ____6_____ each star to everyone.(introduce)
7. I hope _____7_____ you with your English. (help)
8. She ____8____ TV when her mother came back home.(watch)
Mrs Zhang ___1____ ___2___ ____3____ her money on clothes.
In the play, he will ____4____ the ____5____ ____6____ the doctor.
We must remember ____7____ ____8____ ____9____ for Project Hope.
We had a lot of ____10____ ____11____ ____12____ businesses.
People must ____13____ very ____14____ ____15____ you.
Food is very important. Everyone needs to ____1____ well if he or she wants to have a strong body. Our minds also need a kind of food. This kind of food is _____2____. We begin to get knowledge even when we are very young. Small children are ____3____ in everything around them. They learn _____4____ while they are watching and listening. When they are getting older, they begin to ____5____ story books, science books…, anything they like. When they find something new, they love to ask questions and ____6____ to find out the answers.
What is the best ___7___ to get knowledge? If we learn ____8____ ourselves, we will get the most knowledge. If we are always getting answers from others and do not ask why, we will never learn well. When we study in the _____9_____ way, we will learn more and understand _____10_____.
1. A. sleep B. read C. drink D. eat
2. A. sport B. exercise C. knowledge D. meat
3. A. interested B. interesting C. weak D. better
4. A. everything B. something C. nothing D. anything
5. A. lend B. read C. learn D. write
6. A. try B. have C. swim D. wait
7. A. place B. door C. way D. lessons
8. A. on B. with C. to D. by
9. A. wrong B. right C. bad D. difficult
10. A. harder B. much C. better D. well