A. Listen and choose the right picture according to what you hear .
1. Which country is Ling Feng from ?
2. What present did he boy get from his father ?
3. Where does the woman’s daughter work ?
4. What is the man talking about ?
5. Where did Alice stay yesterday ?
B. Choose the right answer , which is closest in meaning to the sentence you hear in each group .
6. A. He isn’t strong enough to carry the heavy box .
B. He is too strong to carry the heavy box .
C. He is strong enough to carry the heavy box .
7. A. I must stop him from talking .
B. I must have a talk with him .
C. Sorry I have to stop talking .
8. A. I couldn’t ride a bike .
B. I taught myself how to ride a bike .
C. Someone taught me to ride a bike .
9. A. Tim didn’t go to bed until eleven .
B. Tim didn’t get up before eleven .
C. Tim fell asleep at eleven .
10. A. He finished the work at he end of last month .
B. He worked very hard .
C. The work was difficult and it was over at last .
11. A. Bruce would like to be a doctor .
B. Bruce wants his father to be a doctor .
C. Bruce wants the teacher to teach his father .
12. A. Mary has a problem in finishing the work in five hours .
B. The work is difficult . Mary can’t finish it .
C. Mary can finish the work in five hours if she works hard .
13. A. If you don’t hurry up , you’ll miss the train .
B. If you don’t hurry up , you won’t catch the bus .
C. If you hurry up , you won’t catch the train .
C. Choose one that can answer the question you hear .
14. A. I’ll have one more . B. No , I don’t want any more .
C. No , thanks . I’ve had enough .
15. A. He’s very well . B. He went to Jiangsu . C. He’s from the U.S .
16. A. I think it’s a birthday present for you . B. You really have a new dress .
C. It looks very nice on you .
17. A. That’s all right . B. That’s a good idea . C. Go down this street and turn left .
18. A. Yes , I agree . B. I don’t understand . C. I’d love to .
19. A. Sure , I’ll try . B. OK ,that’s a good idea . C. Certainly . I’m sorry about it .
20. A. Father will go with me . B. Next month . C. By car .
D. Listen to the dialogues and choose the right answer .
21. A. animals B. a film C. a picture
22. A. Mary . B. Lucy . C. Lily .
23. A. Tea . B. Milk . C. Water .
24. A. He’s going to the zoo . B. He’s going to the fire station .
C. He’s going to the railway station .
25. A. Liz and Mary B. Mr. Smith C. Tom and Liz
II. Choose the best answer(20’)
26. —Must I finish the work at once ? —No, you . You do it at home .
A. mustn’t ; may B. needn’t ; may C. mustn’t ; must D. may not ; may
27. The boy looked and he was asleep .
A. asleep ; too B. sleepy ; sound C. sleepy ; fast D. sleeping ; very
28. Mr. John isn’t here , we ask Mr. Smith .
A. have to ; instead of B. will have to ; instead of
C. had to ; instead D. will have to ; instead
29. Professor White has to do .
A. much too work B. too much works C. too many jobs D. too many works
30. Now I feel more tired this morning than I usually .
A. very ; do B. even ; did C. even ; do D. much ; does
31. I’m hungry , Mum . will the lunch be ready ?
A. How long B. How soon C. How often D. How much
32. The DVD is too dear , we can’t buy it .
A. for ; afford B. so ; afford C. but ; afford to D. so ; afford to
33. Will you please us a walk ?
A. to join ; for B. join ; on C. to join ; at D. join ; in
34. A car may hit you if you careful .
A. don’t be B. be not C. aren’t D. won’t be
35. Henry be at home because he phoned me from the farm just now .
A. mustn’t B. isn’t able to C. may not D. can’t
36. There are many new high-rises on side of Huaihai Road . What a magnificent view !(宏伟的景色)
A. either B. neither C. both D. all
37. The father wished the twins to be doctors , but of them liked to study medicine .
A. both B. neither C. either D. none
38. A group of children are standing line and the bus stop .
A. in a ; waiting ; at B. in ; waiting ; at C. in ; wait ; for D. in a ; wait ; for
39. —It is her turn to be on duty . — .
A. So she is B. So is she C. So it is D. So is it
40. I go to visit my grandmother .
A. every few days B. every a few days C. few every days D. few days every
41. , his family moved to America .
A. When still a baby B. When a baby still
C. When he was still a baby D. When being still a baby
42. He wait until the rain .
A. won’t ; will stop B. won’t ; stop C. will; stops D. will ; will stop
43. Jack has to finish the work today , ?
A. has he B. hasn’t he C. doesn’t he D. does he
44. There is interesting in today’s newspaper , is there ?
A. anything B. something C. everything D. nothing
45. Can’t you find to do it ? I’m very busy now .
A. someone else B. anyone else C. else somebody D. anybody
III. Cloze text(10’)
It is easier to go down a hill than to climb up a hill , so it is easier to fall into bad habits than to form good 46 . Bad habits do not come 47 They come little by little while people do not notice their danger . Schoolboys first pick up little bad habits in schools and in the streets . When they can’t finish their 48 , they copy from their classmates . If they see bigger boys
49 , they 50 like to learn to smoke , too . When they 51 bigger , their habits become so strong that they can not 52 get rid of(除掉)them . From copying , they fall behind , then learn to steal , and smoking is 53 for their health . At last they become 54 . How necessary it is that we get rid of the bad habits at the 55 .
46. A. one B. ones C. once D. these
47. A. first B. last C. slowly D. suddenly
48. A. homework B. book C. writing D. reading
49. A. reading B. smoking C. playing D. copying