1. Mr Johnson _________ a child at the start of the 1950s.
A. is B. are C. was D. were
2. -How about the young lady?
-It’s hard to say, but her voice _________ beautiful.
A. sounds B. hears C. listens D. smells
3. The temperature was below zero. It was difficult to _________ the car.
A. move B. got C. begin D. start
4. John Lennon and Paul _________ the main songwriters of the Beatles in 1960s.
A. are B. is C. was D. were
5. -What do you usually do on Sundays?
-We _________ at the guitar group.
A. enjoy B. have good times
C. enjoy ourselves D. like ourselves
6. -May I help you with some jeans, sir?
-Yes, I’d like to try on the blue _________.
A. pair B. one C. two D. ones
7. More and more people in Beijing can talk and write _________ English.
A. for B. with C. in D. to
8. George’s records _________ very successful after the Beatles.
A. was B. were C. are D. is
9. It’s getting dark, _________ they’re still working.
A. and B. but C. so D. or
10. In 1960s, the Beatles were Mr Green’s favorite singers, but now he _________ like them.
A. don’t B. doesn’t C. didn’t D. /